Making a “lifestyle change” sometimes can seem like too big of a task. Many of us give up on our new healthy lifestyles because its too drastic, too much, and doesn’t seem sustainable. However, if you don’t start making these changes it can have a powerful effect on your body, mind, and soul in the long run!
Luckily making a lifestyle change to a healthier way of living doesn’t have to be as overwhelming as you think. All it takes is a few small adjustments that you can make TODAY to start living a better you.
- Take care of your body from the inside out. That all starts with making sure you are eating well! Try adding to your breakfast or snacks during the day things like avocado, more olive oil, and nuts. All of these things are good fats and help with increasing metabolism, a stronger immune system, feeling full, and the health of your skin! Just 3 more things to your cart at the grocery store and the impact is far more than that.
- Sleep. Your body needs sleep. Rest is actually directly tied with obesity and you are 23% more likely to struggle with weight if you are not resting. 7 to 9 hours is crucial. So go to bed earlier, and feel more invigorated everyday.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated is crucial for the function of the body, but will also increase energy, can help improve your skin and even help with weight loss.
- Exercise. Don’t get disheartened by this. If you don’t work out and aren’t sure you are ready to get a gym membership start small. Take the steps instead of the elevator. Get off the bus 1 or 2 stops further than your usual one. Just add a little more steps to your daily routine and over time you will begin to see the difference.
- Eat slower. When you eat too fast all of the time you don't even realize that you were actually full! So slow down the pace and that will lower your calorie intake. This can help you lose weight, and won't overwhelm your digestive system.
That's it! 5 easy steps that you can do today. Start with these, feel the impact, see the difference and it will motivate you to make even more changes. If you need more guidance than this, book a session with one of our Health & Fitness coaches and they will set you up on the path to success and happier, healthier living.