“Love your body”
Sometimes that is easier said than done. Low self-confidence is something the majority of people feel. Whether it stems from past trauma, abusive relationships, or simply the pressure society puts on us to be physically “perfect”.
Fixing our own view of ourselves is a long process. It requires work and a shift in the way you think. Speaking to a Life Coach or a Health and Fitness Coach is a great way to begin this process to healing, however there are a few things you can begin to do on your own!
Here’s what you can do:
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel good. People who support you, love you, and make you feel beautiful inside and out. Anyone who doesn’t make you feel this way shouldn’t be in your life. Harsh but true.
- Change negative thoughts to positive ones. When you look in the mirror and you think “my stomach is too big” shift it to a compliment about yourself such as “I look really good in this dress” or “I love that I have beautiful curves”. They sake it fake it until you make it, and if you tell yourself, again and again, the things you find beautiful about yourself those thoughts will begin to outweigh the negative thoughts you have about yourself.
- Do nice things for your body. Try a new makeup look, get some lotions or a new perfume. Treat yourself! When you start to take care of your body and how it looks and feels it will innately increase your confidence levels.
- Make a list! Write down the things you love most about your physical appearance. When you start to feel low, take this list out and read it. Remind yourself of how beautiful you are.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Everyone’s body is different. Even the most confident and “beautiful” people in the world struggle with self-esteem. So don’t worry about them. Worry about you, your beauty, and getting your body and mind to a healthy state of appreciation and acceptance.
- Look at yourself as a whole person. Yes feeling physically beautiful is something nice, but you are more than that. You are a character, a person a human! Be kind, be empathetic, be passionate. This is what makes a person truly beautiful.
These are just a few things to get you started. The journey to self-love is long but worth it. Try these few tips and if you still need help, be sure to book a session with a health and fitness coach. Asking for help is never a bad idea.
Begin the journey today to a happier, healthier, and more beautiful you.