Being established and successful in our careers is something we all strive for. It is how we feel productive, challenge our minds, and often how we define our accomplishments. However, it can be difficult when we struggle with confidence or establishing yourself as a credible leader.
Today we want to give you some great tips for what you can do to make sure you get to where you need to go in terms of your career. Don’t forget to schedule a session with one of our Business & Career coaches as well to fine-tune this and adjust it to your personal goals. All it takes is a few proactive steps and you can be on your dream path to professional success.
Let’s go over one of the main challenges one can face and then what you can do to tackle those.
- How can you demonstrate your knowledge and expertise within your organization?
- This can be difficult however, there are simple things you can do to do this! It could be as easy as sending a weekly or monthly email to your higher-ups with an update on where you are with your projects, your accomplishments, and even better, ideas and plans you have OUTSIDE of what is asked of you. This will allow you to be seen as a true contributor. Eager to bring the organization forward and will immediately allow you to stand out amongst your peers.
What are some of the other things you can do?
- Make sure your resume is always up to date.
Not only does this make you prepared for any opportunities that come your way, but it can be a great way to remind yourself of your accomplishments and help boost your confidence.
- Build your network!
This can be as simple as going on linked and adding more contacts, introducing yourself to people in other departments, or going to professional networking events to meet others. A great way to expand your chances of finding great opportunities you may have never thought of.
- Build your personal brand
Post and share on your website, LinkedIn, or personal platforms! Show the world online that you are proactive, knowledgeable and eager to share what you know with the world.
- Maybe most importantly: Be persistent!
It may take time for opportunities to come your way. After all, nothing comes easy. Just keep at it, and with consistency and dedication, you are sure to be recognized for your efforts. If not within your own organization, then in another. Good work will rarely go unnoticed.